The Global HEY Climate Fund aims to assist three selected young climate activists on their projects. All Applicants must submit their project proposal and the top three (3) proposals will be awarded a grant towards their projects.
This year selected projects will be rewarded five thousand ($2500) USD each. After being awarded this grant, recipients will update and show results of their projects to the Evaluation Committee of the Ashley Lashley Foundation.
Our HEY Global Climate Fund is open to the public and to members of the HEY Campaign. Applicants who are not a part of the HEY Campaign but are recipients of the grant are required to join the HEY Campaign to expand its global reach.
Requirements / Criteria
- Applicants must submit a proposal based on a project, or idea surrounding the topics: Climate Change & Human Health; Climate Change, Water Conservation & Food Security; and Solid Waste Management & Climate Change.
- To be eligible for this grant, all applicants must be between the ages of thirteen (13) and twenty-seven (27).
- Shortlisted applicants must be prepared to conduct an interview between July 31st to August 25th 2023, with The Ashley Lashley Foundation’s Evaluation Committee where applicants are to present their project or idea. Three projects will be selected and awarded a grant of $2500 USD.
- Awardees of 2023 HEY Global Climate Fund must become Ambassadors under the HEY Campaign.
The deadline to submit all applications is July 17th 2023. Passionate individuals are encouraged to apply under any of the following thematic areas:
- Climate Change and Human Health
This theme allows applicants to propose technologies, projects, and/or initiatives that focus on the interrelatedness between the impacts, and threats, of climate change on human health as well as their mitigation and/or resolution.
- Climate Change, Water Conservation and Food Security
This theme allows applicants to propose technologies, projects, and/or initiatives that focus on water conservation (increasing catchment capacity, water availability or accessibility) and/or improving the food security (or self-reliance) of a town, city, state, country, or region.
- Solid Waste Management and Climate Change
This theme allows applicants to propose technologies, projects, and/or initiatives that focus on the interrelatedness between improper waste disposal practices, ineffective solid waste management, and the impacts, and threats, of climate change on human well-being and productivity as well as approaches for mitigation and/or resolution.
This fund is open globally and is extended to countries which are a part of the following regions:
- The Caribbean
- Latin America
- North America
Applications should be submitted using this link.
Any applications submitted to the Foundation’s email will not be considered. If there are any difficulties uploading or submitting, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Consent will be needed from each applicant and also from the parent/guardian of anyone under the age of 18 years old. Information submitted will remain confidential and within the organization and among the evaluations committee.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The HEY Campaign is dedicated to the promotion of a better environment for children and young people. At present we are focused on persons younger than 27 years old and older than 13 years old to be champions for climate and health. Priority will be given to those who are within this age range during this process.
Yes! The call for applications is open to everyone, both members and non-members of The HEY Campaign. If you have been chosen to be a recipient of this fund you are asked to join and become a HEY Ambassador. We encourage each of our applicants who are not members to register to become HEY Ambassadors.
At this stage of the process a detailed budget for your proposal is not necessary as the grant will only be $2500 USD.
Yes! Proposals can be submitted as a group. However, one member of the group should be chosen to submit the proposal.
One (1) proposal is to be submitted per person/ group.